Why I’m Running.
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Montgomery County is a great place to live and work. However, we are facing challenges that demand innovative solutions. Our population has almost doubled in the past 40 years, leading to overcrowded schools, horrible traffic congestion and higher taxes. With the real threat of shrinking resources from the federal government and a slow growing economy right here at home -- we need a leader on the County Council who has a vision for a better Montgomery County.
My vision for our County is a safe and welcoming community with a booming economy, excellent schools and a fast transportation system, where residents are engaged and empowered to better their lives and their community.
Our County faces many dynamic challenges ahead, and I believe that strong, engaged, and accountable leaders serving on the County Council is critical. That’s the kind of leadership I want to deliver as your next Montgomery County Councilmember, At-Large, and why I respectfully ask for your support and your vote.
Hoan Dang – Candidate for Montgomery County Council At Large
My Priorities: J-E-T
- Change the experience companies have when interacting with county departments for permits and regulatory compliance. We must streamline these interactions to make procedures less complex so businesses can grow and employ more people.
- Better communicate existing services, information and guidance for small business in our County.
- Engage the business community as partners instead of adversaries
- Making sure Universal Pre-K becomes a reality in Montgomery County
- Ensuring students have a strong foundation in STEM-AE (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Arts and Entrepreneurship
- Bring more vocational programs to public schools to give students exposure to trade skills such as medical science, construction, and auto repair
- Lead a comprehensive and holistic approach to our transportation infrastructure. This should not be a public transit vs. cars debate. We need to invest in all transportation modes including trains, buses, roads, bike lanes, sidewalks and everything in-between.
- Support transportation models that fit the needs of the community. The transportation needs in Clarksburg are not the same as the needs in Bethesda.
The issues raised by the County residents I meet will drive my agenda. Click the learn more button below to see some long standing issues that I am ready to find solutions for the residents of Montgomery County.