Why I’m Running.
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Montgomery County is a great place to live and work. However, we are facing challenges that demand innovative solutions. Our population has almost doubled in the past 40 years, leading to overcrowded schools, horrible traffic congestion and higher taxes. With the real threat of shrinking resources from the federal government and a slow growing economy right here at home -- we need a leader on the County Council who has a vision for a better Montgomery County.
My vision for our County is an equitable, safe and welcoming community with a booming economy, excellent schools and a fast transportation system, in which residents are engaged and empowered to better their lives and the lives of others.
Our County faces many dynamic challenges ahead, and I believe that thoughtful, engaged, and accountable leaders serving on the County Council is critical. That’s the kind of leadership I will bring as your next Montgomery County Councilmember At-Large, and why I respectfully ask for your support and your vote..
Hoan Dang – Candidate for Montgomery County Council At Large
“As a budget expert, former refugee and community leader, I believe Hoan possesses the breadth and depth of experience needed to serve on the County Council from day one, and that’s why I am proud to endorse and support his campaign.”County Executive Isiah "Ike" Leggett
My Priorities: J-E-T
- Collaborate with small businesses to ensure they receive the critical services, information and guidance so that they can grow and create jobs in the County
- Increase investments in vocational and apprenticeship programs for County residents to ensure they get the skills to fill good paying jobs
- Promote a culture of innovation in local government to spur economic and job growth in the County
- Make universal pre-K a reality for all children in Montgomery County
- Promote a strong foundation in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) for our students
- Bring more vocational programs into public schools so students have exposure to good paying careers in fields such as the medical sciences, construction, and auto repair
- Support transportation models that fit the needs of the community to reduce traffic congestion
- Adopt a comprehensive and holistic approach to our transportation infrastructure so that it meets the demands of our growing communities
- Invest in all forms of transportation modes: trains, buses, roads, bike lanes, sidewalks and everything in-between, which includes working remotely from home
The issues raised by the County residents I meet will drive my agenda. Click the learn more button below to see some long standing issues that I am ready to find solutions for the residents of Montgomery County.